Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interconecting branches with KX-TDA50s through SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otoni79

Technical User
Jun 20, 2012
UG
Hello PBX gurus,Am seeking some guidance here.
Here is the scenario,

I have a client who wants to interconnect four KX-TDA50s in different locations (Wisconsin-USA,La Romana -Dominican Republic,Port au Prince - Haiti and Miami)through SIP trunks.

My question is what kind of setup will i need (Network requirements)?
Will i need SIP Account for each location?
KX-TDA5450 card?
What changes will i need to make on the PBX and 4-Channel SIP Trunk Card?

Am familiar with KX-TDA Series PBX configuration but never done SIP Trunks with it.

I will be grateful for your guidance.

Regards.

You would use gateway cards kxtda5480 in each system and a VPN between all sites

Thanks OBT.
Must it be a managed VPN link?
Just what changes will i have to make on the KX-TDA50 using the console and i read that the VOIP Card config is done with maintenance utility.does it come with the card?

Thanks in advance.

the card is programmed through web interface, but the system is a maintenance software that does not come with the system

I have the KX-TDA50 version 7.2 Maintenance console.

What i was asking is whether the KX-TDA5480 Card come with it's maintenance utility.

Thanks again for your guide.

Okay,understood.Thank you.
I will come back when i start the ground work.

OBT, the client has told me he subscribed for SIP trunks and has two accounts.After doing some readind i have come across something like KX-TDA5450 4-Channel SIP Trunk Card.

When are these used then? and how does it varry from the KX-TDA5480 4-Channel VoIP Gateway Card?.

voip gateway cards are for linking two or more systems. sip trunk card is for getting lines from sip trunk providers

So there is need to use both cards at each site?

VoIP Cards to link the systems and SIP Cards to get lines from sip trunk providers

i do not know about there but here the sip trunks and the 3054/5054 sip trunk cards are way more expensive than analog biz lines ....the cheap way if the sip provider can supply an four port AA and or IAD that provides analog lines to system is the way to go in the states

Shawn is correct. But here you have to get your own pap devices so not much saving

But to your first questions you would need both cards or what Shawn said

Thanks alot for your guides.
I will go the both card way.

Probably get back when the need arises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back