Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercompany entries don't post all the way through

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHuggins

Technical User
Jul 24, 2013
US
Question related to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0

We have set up accounts that automatically intercompany over to another entity (A to B) when we post anything to them. We make this sort of entries very frequently. However, we have noticed that there are times that the intercompany does not post to the receiving entity (i.e. entry posts on A but you can't see the other side on B). Our intercompany "option" is always turned on, meaning that all intercompany entries post automatically on both sides.

We have also checked to see if the missing entries are sitting in Master Posting and they are not there.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Are you using the out-of-the-box Dynamics GP Intercompany module? If so, then there is no way to set these up to post all the way through automatically in both companies. The company you're entering the transaction in (A) will be able to post all the way through automatically, but the other company (B) will only save the GL transactions and you will need to post them. The only time I have seen an issue with the intercompany transactions being created properly is when the user posting the transaction does not have permissions to all the companies included in the intercompany transaction.

If you're not using the out-of-the-box Dynamics GP Intercompany module, the answer may be completely different and I would recommend checking with the company that makes the product you're using.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2013
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back