Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercom 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWorld

Technical User
Jul 29, 2004
US
Question,

I have an Meridian option 61-81 with 2616 display phones.

I have been on the NEC so long I forgot how to add intercom to a 2616 set. I have an end user that wants to add 4 intercoms to her set. If i remember can't I build a intercom group ? so she can press the intercom key, say 1 for Mary, press 2 for Joey and so on ?

I dont want a speed call list, or auto dial..she wants an intercom.

I really dont want to use voice call that requires 2 keys a send and recv. I dont have that many available keys keft on her phone.

Steve

just put her and the four other users in one group. Go to LD 81 and do a list. At FEAT enter DIG. at the next prompt enter a range and then look for skips (if it lists intercom group 0,1, 3, then you know 2 is used). Then just assign each phone a DIG key. on DN 1234 assign key xx DIG x one-or-two digit code, followed by an R for ring and a V for voicem. It sounds like you have some familiarity with this so it sounds like it will come right back to you. Post back if that's not the case.

ld 11
chg
20 0 0 1
echg yep
key 3 dig 21 05 v

return, use either lf 81 to list the digs or load 20 to print dig ... any vacant dig can be either v(oice) or r(ing) the above example would set key 3 to icm 21 station 3

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i made a big boo-boo. I meant to see if you don't see 2 as an example that means it's UNused. sorry for the misleading info.

if you make the dig a voice type icm, only one key is used.
key 1 dig 23 21 v, gives one short ring and voice announce. all units on each dig must match, either all ring or all voice

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you guys for the great help. I was able to complete the job and a lot of the info did come back to me as i was doing it.

I have been on the NEC for a long time, funny how you seem to forget the little things.

Thanks again

you only use one key for a ringing intercom too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back