Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intercom paging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2007
CA
guys!!!!!!!!!
at the hospital i work at ,we have a building wide intercom for emergencies dn40 that can be used from all phones, but sometimes users dial it by mistake or keep it off-hook ,i can go into ld 80 and do a trace ..but is there a way to send an alarm to the attendant console whenever someone uses it to see the dn ???
thanx

I don't know about that, but you could chg the DN or acod to 3 or 4 digits, at least 3, to curtail miss dial

Mato' Was'aka

big indian can you elaborate on the acod !!!! changing the dn is not an option

Well, they are the same thing to me, the acod is the dn anywhere I have been, so if u r not dialing the acod, and can't chg the dnb that points to the route, I am no help to ya here.

Mato' Was'aka

If 40 is the ACOD to a trunk route then you can restrict phones from accessing with TGAR.
Also you should set the TFD (timed force disconnect) on the paging route data block.

If you cannot change the number better education to the users is your only option to cut down misuse ... and believe me I know that will be hard to accomplish! To see who's calling the number you could add that same extension on a phone with a display key so the operator or whoever monitors can see where the call is coming from ..... don't know your set up but this should work, if not there may be better ways out there to skin this cat!

If the trunk route is route 1-19 make sure the console operator monitors the trunk group keys on the left side of the 2250 console. The 10 keys are routes 0-9 press SHIFT to see the next 10. If it is programmed as page trunk, when operator presses loop key then page key, she takes control of trunk and will force disconnect any telephone that dialed the acess code and did not hang up. Also as mentioned the TFD in the route data block should be set to a value that alos enough time to page but disconnects someone who dial accidentally after TFD seconds.

guys ,tfd is set to 0 ???.....Roupe it is set as a trunk i'm not too familiar with the 2250 i tried using one of thh 5 loop keys on the third row of buttons then the trunk key as you said nothin is happening i cannot disconnect the user

>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: ltm
CUST 0
ROUT 5

TYPE TLST
TKTP PAG
ROUT 5
DES PAGING 40
TN 020 1 02 06 MBER 1 PAG-40

REQ: prt
TYPE: trk
TN 20 1 2 6
DATE
PAGE

DES PAG-40
TN 020 1 02 06
TYPE PAG
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 5 1
SIGL LDR
STRO IMM
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR THFD
P10 NTC
DATE 8 MAR 2001

TYPE: trk
TN 20 1 2 6
DATE
PAGE

DES PAG-40
TN 020 1 02 06
TYPE PAG
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 5 1
SIGL LDR
STRO IMM
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR THFD
P10 NTC
DATE 8 MAR 2001

TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 5

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 5
DES PAGING 40
TKTP PAG
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
NACC PGNR
ESN NO
VTRK NO
ICOG OGT
SRCH LIN
STEP
ACOD 40
TARG 03
CLEN 1
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 1024
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
TFD 0
SST 5 0
NEDC ORG
FEDC ETH
HOLD 02 02 10
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST YES
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA NO
OAN NO
OPD NO
CDRX NO
NATL YES
MUS NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

REQ:
AUD000

TIM7481 15:00 4/8/2008 CPU 1

OVL000
>
OVL000

Correct - TFD 0 means there is no timer.
You need to set it for the number of seconds required for paging. I would set it for 30 seconds or less but you may have a requirement for more time.

You should maybe also look at the phones that do not need paging access and make sure they have a TGAR 3. That will match the TARG 3 on the route and block them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back