Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercom Groups on a G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchibaldJCox

Vendor
Mar 22, 2004
US
Hey all,

I'm rather new to the Definity world, but I was wondering if there was a function for a non-ringing intercom on the G3? I set up an intercom group and the auto-icom button programming on the sets, but it still just rings the sets (And with 3-digit dialing, it's hardly a time-saver) I was hoping there would be something that would allow me to just push a button and immediately start talking to people on the other end. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Arch

------

Do you want them to be able to respond? Or just use this as a 1-way PA system?

A digital speaker phone is required for this. You can configure paging groups within the PBX - not sitting infront of one currently, I believe it's just a matter of defining the phones you would like to have set for PA in a paging group. I believe you can only configure these for 1 way communication though. As well, there is a limit per group... I'm guessing but I think it's 16.

If nobody post's further information by morning, I'll walk you through the set-up. It's fairly simple - you just need digital speaker phones.

Thanks,
Chris

It is called whisper paging I believe. It doesn't use the paging system at all, but software in the pbx. U have to have a newer Definity. I think it came out with Release 7.
look at support.avaya.com under adminstration and whisper paging.

Well, Whisper actually goes over the handset when someone is on the phone and you want to tell them something quickly. They can't reply, nor does the person they're speaking with hear you.

Paging actually activates the speaker phone, and essentially takes the phone off-hook and announces your page.

We did this for redundant paging capability at a nuclear power plant. This was our 3rd level.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Arch - Which one of these worked best for you. May I contact you to discuss in more detail? Thank Much!

My software is actually too old and doesn't support group-page. I figure I'll have to upgrade some year. But as long as everything else works, the boss doesn't want to fork over the $$$ just for that feature.

Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back