Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercepting calls using Incoming call routes and CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
We are having trouble setting up an incoming call route to only intercept a certain number when that number calls in.

Details ;

We have a Help Desk security button. When this button is pressed, it dials XXX-XXXX and that sends alerts out for response. We had a situation where a private party mis-dialed a number and happened to call XXX-XXXX. This of course made our system send out alerts that were not necessary.

The button has it's own phone number. So I figured I could go into IP Office and set up a call route for XXX-XXXX and use the button's number in the CLI, so that way, when IP Office sees that XXX-XXXX is trying to be reached by the button's number, it allows the call to complete to the correct destination. All other numbers trying to go to XXX-XXXX would be sent to a different destination, a generic voicemail.

When I add the button's number to the CLI, it doesn't work. It forwards the button's call to the generic voicemail. I have tried with area code, without area code, with 9, without 9 (we need a 9 to dial out here), with a 1, without a 1.

The call route itself works fine. If I leave the CLI blank, all calls get to the correct destination. But as mentioned above, I do not want all calls to make it to the correct destination. Only the Button's call I want to make it. The rest can go to the generic voicemail.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Run monitor with the targeting filter and check what CLI is being presented to the system when the endpoint calls in.
Then put that in your ICR in the incoming CLI field.

download_zkfdoh.jpg

remembering Intrigrant 2019

Need 2 different ICR :

XXX-XXXX No CLI : Voicemail
XXX-XXXX Used CLI : alarm routing.

You can Add a menu in voicemail, that could permit to alarm if CLI is not presented for some reason ( line out of order or so... ) " Press 1, Press 2...

We have logging on (Not Monitor, we can set that up later today)
Logging shows:
2019/09/23 09:33:59,00:00:01,0,9<Button CLID: 5556661212>@<IP Of SIP Proivider>,I,*829,<Called Number: 5555551299>

We have 2 Incoiming call routes,
One that is 55555512XX, so anything in the 100 number DID Group comers to AA,
2nd that is 5555551299, has the Button CLI number 5556661212 , NO @ <IP>, just the number.

Calls to 5555551299 from any number are still going to AA, We have tried Cell phone numbers in the Incoming CLI as well with the same result.

We have a SIP Provider that has more than one incoming server, so putting in the IP for the complete CLI wont work. The Button Number is also Connected to a SIP Service, but seeing how the log above shows the correct number we didn’t think there needed to be a FROM header.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back