Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercept Number and Reroute Internally - Dusting of NARS/BARS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbroeking

Technical User
Nov 5, 2013
US
Sorry its been a while since I've had to do any of this programming. Need a little help getting going again!

When a user uses AC1(9) and its one of our own numbers I want to intercept that call and apply digit manipulation and reroute it using our internal SIP network.
We own the block - 402-574-xxxx and 949-420-xxxx
We have CDP's 574 and 420 routing internally via SIP tie trunks
User dials 9-1-402-574-xxxx
Looking for the PBX to capture and convert number to 574-xxxx and send it via internal CDP route list above.

Any help would be great appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Are you saying you own the whole 574 and 420 NXX? That's a lot of numbers.

Then you will have to break out NPA 1402 and NPA 1948. But first you will have to out 1402 and 1948. Then you will have to add entries back in like this.

1402 0
1402 1
1402 2
1402 3
1402 40
1402 41

These would be all phone numbers that are not yours pointed back to the same RLI
Then add
1402 574
1948 420

Then send them to a new RLI which would contain a DMI table and make it LTERM yes and send it to a DMI table that deletes 7

There is actually a way to set this in BARS as well. I think it may be defined as an LDID, but memory is very dusty.
Basically this will accomplish what the suggestion does before, just as an internal function.

--
Fletch
Chief Architect WW Public Safety Solutions
CHECK OUT MY BLOGS & E911 Podcast @

Maybe this will help

LDID x...x Local DID number to be recognized within
the NXX, NPA or SPN
The maximum number of digits to be entered
must be the lesser of 10 or:
b/nars-5
• 7-m (8-m for 1 + dialing) for NXX
• 10-m (11-m for 1 + dialing) for NPA