Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intercept handlink question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExCentigram

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2011
US
3300 release 5.0
Does the intercept handling form only work on external trunks? inbound and outbound 9+ calls? I'm trying to make it so that if an extension dials an invalid directory # it goes to a recording. so 1234 dials 6999 and 6999 is a non programmed #. Also, if someone leaves the phone off hook I want it to intercept somewhere else. I cannot get this to work in the intercept handling form.

That works but the function for invalid number is the same as the leaving the phone off hook.
The intercept is applied to the calling device.
To send it to a recording, create a phantom number and forward it to VM. Put your recording in the mailbox.

Dry Aquaman

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear, any intercept of any kind is going to my operator regardless of what I have programmed in the intercept handling form. Everything is intercept 1. An off hook phone, goes to operator. An invalid extension dialed, operator... This is what I want to change. I should be able to control intercept based on the 10 or so criteria in the intercept form but its not working. Operator isn't even programmed in the form at all currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back