Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interbase Express on Firebird database

Status
Not open for further replies.

indrahig

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
ID
Hi,
Recently, I am trying to use Firebird 1.5.2 and Delphi 7 for my new database application project.

Can I use Interbase Express vcl on firebird database?

thanks in advance,
Indra Gunawan

As far as I know, it would maybe work with Firebird 1.0, but not with 1.5 (there are major changes from 1.0 to 1.5 that make Firebird incompatible with Interbase).

Regards,
Anne

thanks for the response.
I have already tried to copy the fbclient.dll to windows\system32 (I am using Windows XP Pro) and rename it into gds32.dll. The connection went perfectly.

Tried to create simple app using IBTable, and it works.

But I don't know if there's any issues using Interbase Express against Firebird database. I am hoping if there're anyone who ever use firebird can share they story.

The reason I use firebird is it is free and build base on Interbase. So I am expecting to use a reliable database engine and good enough for client/server application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back