Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inter-tel phones on Mitel 5000 HX Controller 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPhello

Programmer
Aug 13, 2005
US
I just installed a new Mitel HX Controller at a site that had an old Inter-tel. The customer did not replace the sets, so we have a mixture of 4xxx series sets.
I cannot seem to make the phones do voice announce calls. I have used the feature 319 code toggling the Handsfree mode off and on to no avail. This works just fine on a unit I have at my office.

Can you define "Voice announce call"? Is it only on certain types of phones?

Voice announce= call an internal extension, it rings once and goes off hook. You can then start speaking to them without picking up the handset. The system by default should do this.

I confirmed today that it was not the phones, but I can't find in system flags where anything would be different.

I know that to STOP that from happening you need to have the following flags set for each extension.

Handsfree On/Off (Set to OFF)[Default = ON]
Ring Intercom Always On/Off (Set to YES)[Default = NO]
Transfer to Connect Allowed (Set to YES)[Default = NO]

The above is to definitely STOP it from happening so my guess is to set;
Handsfree to ON and Transfer to Connect Allowed set to YES.

Do this in the Phone Related Information menu for each flag then just add the extensions in or out as required for each flag!
Hope this helps.

another thing you might want to check is ....

icm is not checked as a condition on their forwarding path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back