Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inter-tel Axxess change to a mitel HX 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

natemgt

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
US
I am installing a new hx5000 to replace my customers inter tel axxess system. I was able to do a conversion on the database and get it loaded into the 5000. We are reusing 95 of their current model phones 8520 and standard digital terminal part# 550.4400. I plugged both model phones into the 5000 and couldn't get them to come up. I know they work on the second pair and I tried reversing polarity. We did sell them some new mitel 8528 phones that will work on the ports that I tried to get the inter tel phones to work on. Is there something in programming I need to force them to work? Or are the inter tel phones not compatible?

If the database shows the circuits have extensions assigned, they should work. Sounds like a wiring issue. The 8520's use the Secondary pair. the 8528s use the Primary pair. Also, if you use a new line cord on an old phone, it will not work because the cord only has the Primary pair wired.

I definitely have the second pair wired to the phone. I tried it on the ddm-16 card in the controller and on every dem-16 card in the 2 dei expansion modules.

You are using a two-pair line cord? Do the 8528s come up connected to the dem-16's? We have had past issues with converted DB's. You may want to do a full backup, then default the DB and build a couple of extensions to test.

the 8528 phones work on every card in the system. And yes I'm using a 2 pair line cord.

that is a good idea to default it and build a new extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back