Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inter-tel 8622 IP phone wouldn't work in Mitel 5000 Ver 6.0.10.77

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech1302

Technical User
Mar 8, 2013
GB
Hi All

can i get n Inter-tel 8622 IP phone work in Mitel 5000 Version 6.0.10.77 please.
phone is reviving an IP address from the DHCP server after but that it displays LOCAL IP CARD ADDR INVALID and wouldn't boot up.

any thoughts on this please.

thanks

I know our version aren't the same but we are running 6.0.9.61 without any issues. The firmware versions we have our 8662's go from 2 to 2.2.0.5 and we have over 50 of them.
First thought, does the MAC address for phone match the one you assigned on the extension?

thanks for the reply.
yes mac is correct. and phones and receiving IP addresses from DHCP as well.
this is very strange.

Is your DHCP server set to hand out the address of the 5000?

Have you booted the phone holding 7 and 8 down to check what the configured ICP address is?

hi
yes DHCP is set up on the 5000. In fact phone can receive an IP as well. I've defaulted the settings on the phone too.

I'm not convinced the 5000 gives you the correct options to auto configure an Inter-tel IP phone.

Boot the phone whilst holding down buttons 7 and 8, configure the IP address of the 5000 under the controller field.

its registered in the IP address lease table with the correct MAC.

That just means it's got an IP Address, it doesn't mean the correct options are there for it to retrieve the Correct ICP controller address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back