Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTEL'S ASSEMBLY ASSISTANT !!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSTN

Programmer
Jun 25, 2003
ES
Please go to .

You can read an article from Intel there , and if you read it carefully , then you'll see they speak about the Intel '' Assembly Assistant '' .

Does that exist ????

If you read the specifications of that Assembly Assistant , they sound really good .

If you can help me get this software , I would be so grateful !!

FSTN,

I also read from Intel site sometimes. And I just find out about this:

Does that exist ????
Yes. Search from Intel Open Source Area. But it is all come in source code (C++ source, no runtime).

If you can help me get this software , I would be so grateful !!
Sorry, can't do that. You *MUST* buy Intel C++ compiler in order to compile the source code :)

Regards

-- AirCon --

Thank you very much for your indications . It's strange that Intel doesn't offer a compiled version . I don't think I have too much problem if I try the translation with any freeware C++ compiler rounding the I've never programmed in any C language . Can you recommend me a good free Compiler ?

I'm not a C programmer also. I just can read the program.
I think a good free compiler is Watcom. It is now opensource.

Go get it:

Now if you successfully compile from Watcom C, May I ask you for a copy ? *BG* :-D

Regards

-- AirCon --

Of course . I'll report you . I'm having some trouble in finding Assembly Assistant Source at Intel's . In fact , it was no easy to get to the Open Source area .

Dear AirCon , could you please give me the exact link to Intel Assembly Assistant ??

I don't have Itanium architecture .

Thanks .

I've seen no references on that link about anything called Intel Assembly Assistant , as well as my processor is not Itanium .

Anyway , thank you very much for your help .

Sorry I missed your last statement mentioning you don't have Itanium.

Yes, there is no references on that link. But on the link you gave at the beginning of your thread, is the Assembly Assistant that refer to IA-64.

Read the articles (on page 2 - Introduction), in case you didn't notice I paste some lines here:

The Intel® IA-64 Assembler is more than an assembly source code-to-binary translator.................

The Assembly Assistant is an integrated development tool. It provides a visual guide to some IA-64 architecture features ..................

So I think it is in the package, or maybe it is the package with Intel C++ Compiler.

On page 8, it also mentioned that it looking into integrating with others programming enviroment, such as MS Visual Studio.

My apologies if I read that wrong
Regards

-- AirCon --

Well , I also must apologize because I didn't consider enough the fact that Intel Assembly Assistant was for IA-64 and not IA-32 :) .

Sorry and thanks for all .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back