Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intellisense not recognizing functions in .dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBob007

Programmer
Dec 20, 2003
US
Hello -

So I have a class "ErrUtil" (which is also the project name) that is compiled as a .dll, and am trying to incorporate it into a new solution I am developing. I have added a reference to ErrUtil in my new project, and also have "using ErrUtil;" in the file, yet when I try to access a static method by typing "ErrUtil." I get no suggestions from intellisense like I believe I should. Holding my mouse over objects from that class will identify them as coming from ErrUtil, but apparently intellisense doesn't want to index the functions. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

What is the class's namespace? I would try using the command "using <namespace>" where <namespace> is the title of ErrUtil's namespace. Hope this helps!

Do you get any error when you try to compile the app using that static method from ErrUtil?

Actually I figured it out. Having the class and namespace be the same apparently was the problem, as when I made them different it worked just fine. Thanks for the advice though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back