Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intellisense for homemade COM dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navitas

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

I want to get visual studio to display the intellisense drop down for a com class I have created.

Basically I have written a COM class in VB.net, which is then consumed in a html page using Javascript as a new ActiveX object.

Inside vs.net javascript will usually provide a dropdown of methods and properties when you hit the . after entering the object name - however not with the dll I have created.

All the methods work and all properties are accessible - so the dll class iteself is working fine - but I just wanted to get the intellisense active to make working with the dll easier.

I thought it was to do with the interfaces of the com class - but that didn't make any difference.

Anyone know where to begin???

Cheers
Darren

Check out this thread: thread796-966571

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Thanks for the reply - I looked at the links and I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for.

I can't get the intellisense to appear at all (let alone create further comments to explain each method/property).

I have tried adding an interface to the .net COM class - using numerous different examples off the internet, but none of them seem to work.

Any further suggestions welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back