Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intelligent Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPathan

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
GB
Hi,
I've installed OEM 2.1 on a Win2000 machine. It runs fine. However, I cannot start the intelligent agent in a test database that I have set up on Oracle8i.

I go to lsnrctl utility and start the intelligent agent by entering 'dbsnmp_start' and nothing happens. When I enter 'dbsnmp_status', I get the msg:
'The db subagent is not started'

Can anyone shed anylight as to what I should be doing to get it to work ?

regards
Max

The intelligent agent should reside on the box of the db on. I assume your db is on a separate box from the box where OEM installed. If this is the case you shoud go to the box of your db to start intelligent.

Hopefully that helps.

Iweng,
Thanx for your comment. My set up is at home and thus everything is on the one box.

Is the intellegent agent installed automatically when Oracle is installed, or do I need to do something else ?

regards
Max

The intellegent agent and OEM are installed automatically when Oracle is installed on win 2k.

I've got everything running on the one machine. Do I have to install 'Intelligent Agent' ?

Sorry,
Ignore the previous comment. For some reason reply didn't show.
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back