Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration of Asset Management and Service Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirty12

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
US
I'm hoping someone here has experience with using these packages... I have Unicenter Asset Management version 4.0.662.181 and Unicenter ServicePlus Service Desk version 6.0. Is there a way to link the asset data collected by AMO into Service Desk? I don't want to have to manually add in all our asset information.

Thanks.

Yes, there is - but not directly between the 2 products.
The integration is done via Unicenter. So what you have to do is integrate Asset Management with your Unicenter WorldView (this is an option in the setup GUI) and then integrate Service Desk with Unicenter.

When doing the AMO - Unicenter integration, I'd advise to select the option to create simple worldview objects.

Details of the complete integration can be found here:
The document is a little old now but it is still valid.

Summary is:
Install Unicenter, install AMO and the Unicenter integration. Make sure that all your AMO objects are in the Worldview (you will need to leave it for a few hours to update everything).
Install Service Desk including Unicenter Integration. (not sure if the integration is done by default in V 6 - I think it may be.
Run TNGIMPT, located in the $NX_ROOT/BIN directory. This imports objects whose classes are identified in the objclsnm.tng file from Unicenter's COR into Service Desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back