Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration Manager security issue with Direct to table import

Status
Not open for further replies.

timroop

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.365
Integration Manager 9.00.0047

We have a few users that need to use Direct to Table imports in Integration Manager. We set the integrations up on one of our IT dept computers and everything works fine. The same integration fails on the end user workstation.

The error reads:
Code:
Integration '_integrationname' is not ready to run due to the following problems:

Not able to get the moniker of the object
Could not open DSN 'IM_DSN'.
Error was:

'[Microsoft][ODBC QL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.'

I have verified the setup of the SQL system DSN on the worksation as well as uninstalled/reinstalled the direct to table connector within IM. The integration fails even when we logon to the end user's pc as one of the IT accounts (both within the AD and within GP).

Any ideas?

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Try setting up the DSN using the "sa" login. I hope you have set it up using system DSN and not User DSN. Also, You must be using SQL server authentication. For Direct to Table Imports, if the COM+ account credentials with which the initial installation was done are changed then also you'll have problems.

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

Thanks for the reply janakiranmp.

I have most of that covered. Could you elaborate on the COM+ account credentials?

Tim

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back