Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration Manager help - getting started but in deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbola

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
CA
We purchased a software product over six months ago and I still haven't successfully set up Integration Manager to import this data into GP and the pressure is on.

I am using IM to import an inventory transaction followed by an AP transaction.

I have the Inventory Trx all ready and was getting errors which I was able to get past, but now it should work and it's telling me there is no item number...but there is and it all seems to be mapped properly.

I can't find alot of documentation dealing with troubleshooting this stuff. I don't fully understand how to code scripts, although the one I did I think will work but that's not the error.

What else can I provide here for someone to help?

thanks.

I keep trying a few different things but it's still not working. I noticed that the csv file has the item number as numeric (long integer in source in I-M).

So I used a script for the Item Number destination mapping as follows:

dim sItem
sItem = cstr("Ticket.Item")
CurrentField=sItem

But I still get this error:

Opening source query...
Establishing source record count...
Beginning integration...
DOC 1 ERROR: The item number is missing in line '1'.
DOC 2 ERROR: The item number is missing in line '1'.
DOC 3 ERROR: The item number is missing in line '1'.
DOC 4 ERROR: The item number is missing in line '1'.
Integration Failed
Integration Results
4 documents were read from the source query.
4 documents were attempted:
0 integrated without warnings.
0 integrated with warnings.
4 failed to integrate.

???? Please help, as I am running out of time.

thanks.

First of all, EVERYTHING in a CSV file is technically a string. Excel will interpret the characters and try to load them into a numberic field if appropriate.

The problem most often is an extra line or two in your CSV file. Open the file in NotePad, go to the bottom of the file as far as you can. If the cursor is not at the end of the last line, that is your problem. Hit the BackSpace key to delete the blanks at the end of the file until the cursor is at the end of the last line. Make sure there is nothing below this by attempting to hit the down arrow (not the Enter Key). If you cant move the cursor down, save the text file and try your import again.

BTW....use NotePad, not Word or Word Pad or any basic word processor, you MUST have a pure text editor like NotePad or Edit.

Richard L. Whaley
Accolade Publications, Inc.
Documentation for Software Users

I am getting an error and this is the answer but it doesn't give any other info. What exactly am I to delete?
[blue]
TechKnowledge Content
Question:

When trying to preview a text Source Query from within Integration Manager, the following error was received: [Microsoft] [ODBC Text Driver] Too few parameters. Expected:1. How can this be resolved?

Answer:

The error was fixed by deleting the Source Query in question and adding a NEW text query pointing to the same Source File.

[/blue]

This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 22544

This message tells you to look for the query that relates two or more source tables. If you do not have two or more source tables (or DataSources in the integration), then you will not have a query.

If you do have a query, it will be listed in the Integration when you first open it.

Richard L. Whaley
Accolade Publications, Inc.
Documentation for Software Users

There is just one csv file with my data and it has no headings.

Our vendor thought the problem may be the date format but I changed it and it didn't make a difference. I even re-created the whole integration.

I am using PM Transaction and PM Distributions with the same source file.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this...the documentation for training on this is terrible.

B.

Can you upload or post the first 4 lines in the file? In Integration Manager, you may need to refresh your columns. Aslo, if the Itme number is numeric, the column may be setting itself to numberic instead of String.

I just think I don't know how to set this up.

I finally was able to get an example from our vendor and will go from there.

I did get to the point where it imported, but it would import the transactions, and then try to import the distributions as additional transactions.

You probably set some fields in the dirstibution tree or have set the source record tab of that tree to something other than default.

Hmmm no idea, but our VAR is sending me one that they got working. We paid $1500 to get the csv file in the format it's in, so can't afford any more changes to it.

thanks.

If you have any more problems, let me know. I have worked on GP Integration Manager for 8 years.

Thank you. I just might have to take you up on that. I'd like to go for some training on the program, but I think once I get working with it a bit more, I'll figure a few things out and get better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back