Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration Manager for GP9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
I have had a variety of problems with IM since the upgrade and noticed something odd today (ok - evidently it has been happening since we made the cut over, but accounting did not want to bother me - mighty nice of them).

We have a process that calculates info for a journal. For a variety of reasons there could be more than one record for an account in the same journal. With this version of IM it seems that these records (those that would duplicate except for the amount) are getting deleted and thus leave the batch out of balance.

Can anyone verify that we need to have these are one record now (we did not in v8)? Should be a simple process to implement, but kinda odd that they would just drop the records.

Jymm
This sounds like an issue that has cropped out in the past in GP with Smartlist, so maybe this will work for IM as well.

If the account number is the same for a number of lines on a journal, it's important to also ensure that the Sequence Numbers in the GL Distributions table are different for each line - otherwise GP gets confused and thinks they are the same. So, it may be worth getting Seq Numbers to be included in the Source file? GP uses sequence numbers which are multiples of 16384, but I think that this will work fine whatever the multiple is.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunatly I do not think that our input into Integration Manager has anything to do with the the seq numbers - as in - we do not create the seq number (those are assigned during the IM process I think) - but it is a good thing to know & I will look to be sure.

thanks much for the thought

Copy this into your im.ini file which is located where your im.exe is. overwrite what is there:

[IMProvider]
AutoUpgradeIntegrations=True
CommandTimeout=30
HideMsgBox=True
UseOptimizedFiltering=False
[IMDynPrv90]
DoUIRedraw=False
HideMsgBox=True
ShowDynamics=False
[SQL_OPT]
CheckForBinSupport=True
LogSuccessfulDocs=False