Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration for Payables using wrong exchange rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbola

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
CA
I have been playing around with some Integration Scripts to set the Batch Date, but it doesn't seem to be working as far as selecting the proper exchange rate for the batch posting period.

I am setting my batch date to 05/31/07 but it is using June 1 exchange rate on the transactions.

I have tried putting the script in the Before Integration query, but I also want to make sure the Batch is there first. The batch date does get changed to May 31, but doesn't seem to want to set May's rate in the transactions.

Any ideas?

What are the document and posting dates?

The document dates are all May, and I set the posting date to be the same source field as the document date, and also tried using the constant as May 31.

But the date on the batch takes the system date (June) and seems to be doing this order:

-Creates Batch with June date
-Creates transactions with doc date as May
-During transaction entry, it goes into the currency screen and for some reason takes the rate for June 1 (we change our rates on the first of the month)
-THEN it goes back and changes the batch date

At least I think it is in this order because if I manually enter a transaction after the batch date has May, it uses May's exchange rate.

Hmmm ... It should have worked when you changed the batch date to May 31.

My next thought would be to change the setup: I think it is either Posting Setup or Payables Setup and check to use the document date as the posting date. This will default the posting date on the transaction to be the same as the document date and then the batch date will not be important.

I'll take a look but I'm not sure we want that setup changed. If we are entering payables invoices with document dates for a closed period, we wouldn't want them to post to that closed period. And, for some strange reason we allow the doc date to be a different period than posting date.

It must be changing the batch date after the transactions go in, while the batch date is still set as June 1. When it changes the batch date to May 31, it doesn't go back and change the transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back