Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

integration and differentiation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scv17gg

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm new to this forums and also a non-expert in c++. Currently I'm working in a simulation model and I need to use continuous distributions and learning curve. Can someone provides some input about programming integral equations and differentiation?

Thank you so very much

scv

A classic text on numeric programming is "Numerical Recipes in C, second Edition" by Press, Teukolsky, Vetterling, and Flannery.

This book shows you all the major approaches to computing derivatives and integrals (plus more), and shows you the costs and benefits of each approach. If you want, you can use their code as a starting point for your own numerical library.

Simulation programming is serious business, so you should at least understand the numerical algorithms you are using, even if you are not writing them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back