Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Unity with a legacy Meridian Mail system

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCMprogrammer

Technical User
Sep 27, 2004
US
Hi all,

I've seen a post in here describing the pains of integrating Mer Mail with Unity, so I'm sure most of you will groan reading this, but I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction at least.

Actually, it'd be great to find a Certified Nortel Engineer in the SoCal area, with experience in this, that would be willing to consult on an upcoming project.

Here's the breakdown.

The customer wants a solution for integrating a new Unity voicemail system with their legacy Mer Mail: Nortel Meridian Mail;
Modular s/n 6055
Release 13/12/1

I'm working on the Unity side so I have no idea about the Nortel side regarding making a checklist for software/patch upgrades, version level, etc. Can anyone help me out with pointing me in the right direction or recommending an expert?

Many thanks in advance.

Meridian Mail is manufacturer discontinued. There are few (if any) meaningful patches for Meridian Mail, and none that are available.

Are you just networking the voicemail or are you wanting to hang the Unity off the PBX? If the latter, then you need RLS and VERSION for the PBX to get it prepped to deal with Unity. If the Unity is offnet and is networking with the on-net MerMail, compatability will be Cisco's responsibility. If you called Nortel, they'd say "Upgrade to CallPilot to receive support" which sort of defeats the purpose of installing Unity.

I might be willing to consult (I have Meridian-1 to Unity integration experience, but no MerMail to Unity integration experience... we had old Octel Serenades when I did a similar project.). Post your email address and I'll send you an email to discuss further.

it's not really a big problem, but i've done mermail since the day it came out.. the switch type is the key... the unity is connected to a ccm? if that has either ip or qsig back to the nortel that supports the mermail then all the intergration will be on the dch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the responses guys. The unity will be connnected to the new CallManager. The callmanager will eventually replace the Nortel but there is the requirement to implement in a phased replacment with dual integration during the process.

x11tech, my email is commguy74AThotmailDOTcom, please contact me so we can discuss further. Thanks.

My email has been sent. Sometimes hotmail marks email from my domain name as spam. I will put a title of "BCMprogrammer / Unity & MerMail" in the subject for easy searching.

If you do not see an email from me by the time you read this post, please check your spam folder. If you need me to resend (because you accidently deleted your spam folder before seeing this post) please advise and I can do so.

Regards

x11tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back