Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating TNG & Tivoli TEC - auto cut tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckman001

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
Anybody out there have any experience or direction they can share on integrating TNG events with Tivoli TEC? We're looking to forward TNG events to Tivoli so we can take advantage of Tivoli's auto ticket cutting features.

Hi duckman001,

There are two ways to send TNG events to Tivoli TEC, either the secure way using Tivoli Framework with the command wpostemsg or the none secure way using postemsg no TCP port 5529, the postemsg function i also implemented in a perlscript. The otherway around from TEC'en to TNG you must find a way to use the TNG command cawto.

Regards
blarsen, Master of IT
CUE, Master CNE, MCSE

Thanks B. Larsen. I've been using postemsg (and a simple .baroc file) to successfully send TND events to a TEC Console, populating the events using the TND provided message variables. The next step is putting together the necessary Tivoli .cds file etc to automate how the events are dealt with. Copies or examples of these kinds of integration files are usually available from Tivoli or CA but it seems the fierce competition between these two companies stops them from recognizing that integration of their respective applications could ever be a requirement. If you can give any direction or a general overview on what these files should look like, you'd make my day. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back