Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Outlook with ASP.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesknees

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
GB
I need to write an ASP.NET application that will integrate with Outlook contacts.
Does anyone know if this can be done and where I could find a good resource on information for doing this?

Anything is possible but that's not an answer - firstly have you done this since your last post as if you have I'd love to know if you have some sample source that feeds an editable datagrid in asp.net ;-)

If not then to begin with you need to add a reference in the project to the MS Outlook 9 Library - once that's in then it depends what you want to do but the essence of what you want to achieve will be no different to previous examples before .net using CDO, Outlook and ADO.

I'm curious to know what is the most 'elegant' approach to rendering an editable grid - is it wise to stay away from datasets? Probably if the contact folder is large, anyhow I'm busy figuring this one out so if you have been down the route already please let me know!!

Rgds.,

Ed

DataSets are safe to use. Once you have it filled (remember it's disconnected from the Database) you can easily bind it to a datagrid and make all the edits and rollbacks that you want (if you code it correctly).
Then you update just the changes to the DB and you are done. What are your doubts on the subject? Daren J. Lahey
Just another computer guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back