Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Avaya To Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2004
US
Has anyone had any experience integrating Avaya Communication Manager to Active Directory for directory access from 96xx and 46xx sets? Any help or links to instructions would be greatly appreciated. This is for CM 5.2 running on S8730 servers.

Avaya does provide a LDAP Directory Application that you can run from a web server to access AD from a WML page on the phones. You can download from Avaya support site. There is a patch also associated with it and you may need to manually create one of the necessary sub directories. It will work with the 96xx series phones. I've run it on Apache (which I prefer) but should also run on IIS.

jimbojimbo, first off thank you for taking the time to respond. I a reviewing a document I believe will help me get this done, and since I am not a huge fan of Windows, I would definitely want to do this on Linux and run it on Apache. Let me know if you think this document is taking me on the right path. Avaya one-X™ Deskphone Edition
for 9600 Series IP Telephones Application Programmer Interface (API) Guide 16-600888 Issue 4February 2009.

No, not the API programmers guide. Search on 16-300557 which is "Directory Thin Client Application 1.1 Installation/Configuration Guide for Windows with Apache Web Server". You can use it as a guide. You'll also need the patch. From the support site select downloads and type in 9600. Select the 9600 series deskphone. It will bring up a page where you can select 4620 LDAP Directory Application Release 1.1 - Required patch for 96xx. You need the avayadirresults.php file. The application can be found through the 4600 series deskphone downloads.

Ok, I will get this document and get into researching the setup. Thank you again, and I will let you know how everything goes.

Just an FYI, if you are on CM5.2 with ESS/LSP servers you will find the directory application on the servers. It is accessible via the web interface. I don't suggest using it since I have found it worth the effort to set up a separate server so you can modify the PHP pages to allow you to customize the information that is presented (such as adding a link to the users manager).

Jimbo, I have a Windows server setup, but I am a little confused on what location to extract the avayadir1_1.zip and the php-5.3.1-nts-Win32-VC9-x86.zip files to. The documentation is not that clear on this.

From CM5.2 Documentation

Configuring the LDAP Directory Service
You must configure the LDAP Directory Application correctly for the WML Browsers to perform
search operations.
To configure the LDAP Directory application:
1. Go to System Management Interface > Administration > Directory Application to
launch LDAP Directory Application.
2. Specify the LDAP connection settings on the General Settings web page.
3. Click Test Connection to ensure that the Directory Application is connecting to the LDAP
database.
4. Enable the Directory Application for HTTP or HTTPS traffic.

5. (Optional) Use the Search Screen Settings web page to customize the Search screen on
the phone browser.
6. (Optional) Use and the Details Screen Settings web page to customize the Details
screen on the phone browser.

Eatlog, that is correct but you also have to setup a WML Browser which is what I am researching and trying to get working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back