Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating an Existing ASP Application With SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayplus707

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
US
Hi.

I'm trying to integrate an existing ASP web application with SAP and I don't know where to start. The current application has SQL Server as the backend, but the information has been moved to SAP and now the web application needs to be changed. Right now, SAP does nightly data dumps into SQL server, but they would rather not do this and do "real-time" data access.

I've looked into JCO and using the Java connector but it doesn't look promising. Also, using DCOM looks like the best bet, but I've looked on the net for help and although there is stuff here and there, there isn't that "one stop shop" that I need to start this.

I'm a newbie at DCOM/SAP/ASP. Although I've been reading about it, any help in doing this would be great. Thanks so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back