Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating 3rd party app in Siebel Sales for SSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

flex13

Vendor
May 6, 2003
CA
In my Siebel Sales environment, I'm trying to configure a third party application in my Sales Analytics tab. This works perfectly fine, however, I'm at a loss to find a way to pass my Siebel ID to the cgi login for the third party application, for Single Sign On (SSO).

Passing the credentials through the URL is not an option, as this is frowned upon by most security auditors.

If I knew how, or where, Siebel stores the login information, I should be able to figure out the rest. Through my observations, Siebel does not set a cookie or a cgi variable, so does anybody know how Siebel stores the information after I log in with my database ID? I'm not trying to find a way to view it or modify it, I just need to map to it from the third party application to allow for Single Sign On.

Thanks in advance.

SA uses three types of user Authentication & Authorization,
one way is to store the user name in RPD (RPD authorization)
Database Authentication and LDAP Authentication.

Thanks for the input. Figured it out though, Siebel passes a session variable called nqUser. Once I found the variable, a simple JavaScript/HTML solution was easily devised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back