Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

integrated video card/Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

I reinstalled windows 98se and reinstalled the driver for my monitor, a Packard Bell Model 1020. The problem is I can still not get the 256 colors I should. My video card is integrated into the motherboard. Do I need to download a driver for the integrated video card in order to get all 256 colors? If so, how do I go about it?

Please help!!!

Student

M/B manufacturers generally have the drivers on either a floppy or a CD that they ship with the M/B. Your system builder should have supplied it.
You would be better off getting the drivers from the M/B manufacturer if you can find who built it. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

You can get in trouble trusting Windows Update for drivers. I have a Promise card with the latest drivers from Promise's web site, but Windows Update lists the wrong driver. The last driver I tried to use from Windows Update put my system into MSDOS Compatibilty Mode and I had to remove the driver. I don't trust it anymore. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back