Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrated Directory Feature Hope 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgindyguy

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
The integrated Directory feature we use quite frequently however we just installed some new systems and I am just curious to see if it is possible to access other sites directories as well. In other words I am at site A, I can see all the names in the A switch. However, I would like to see all of the names listed at site B, from my phone at Site A. And in reverse as well. I remember hearing something from Avaya that they were trying to develop this feature. Also, we have tie-lines between all sites configured as ISDN, and each site has CLAN cards and Intuity Voice Mail systems. If anyone has ever figured out how to get this to work please let me know.

If your switches are DCS'd together there is a Special Development software package available from Avaya that will do what you are looking for. The software is at an additional cost and can get quite expensive. Check with your Avaya team.

Kevin

You can check whether you have this feature by typing disp sys spec (page 2)

(SA7578) - Integrated Directory Service over DCS? n

So far so good.....

I am in the same position as avgindyguy, licencing is all present and correct - but it still doesn't work!

Any thoughts please?

Dave

We utilize this feature with our 4 sites. We have a DCS environment. On the TSC Assignment page (2nd page) of the Signaling group forms is where you assign the feature. You will need a local extension and Destination Digits with established=permanent and enabled=y. The appl will be ids+. Hope this helps!!

Thanks PBXTekky, you are a star,sir!

Got the TSC sorted, integrated directory came straight up!

One final query, tho'. Each directory entry ends with "1E"

eg:

Rutter,Matt
1234 1E

Any ideas?

Matt

Matt,

I'm not sure what the 1E indicates. I did notice scrolling thru my Directory that the number indicated how many characters were entered before finding the name in the directory. For instance, my last name is Foster and I'm required to key up to t (4th letter)before my name appears and it has my extension xxxxx 4. I haven't seen a letter appear after the number though. That would be interesting to find out. Glad that I could be of help to you.

3.1 Requirements
[0-1]: (System Rqmt) When a digit or the “next” key is pressed while in directory mode, look up matching
names on other switches by sending an ISDN USERINFO directory query message to each translated “ids+”
TSC with information concerning which digits to match on. Do not update the display. Wait until all responses
have arrived before displaying. Set a timer according to translated session timeout timer value. If the timer expires
display the partial results with a character “E” at the end of the display to indicate that not all responses
were received.
When a USERINFO message arrives that indicates a directory query, look up the matching name and send
a directory response USERINFO message back to the querying switch.
[0-2]: (Desirable) While waiting for responses the users display will continue to show the previous match
and have a “W” at the end of the display to indicate that the lookup hasn’t finished yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back