Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrated authentication and setinfo to AD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2003
US
i setup a web page that allows our support group to unlock accounts and reset passwords. It works great when i force basic authentication. When i remove basic authentication, and turn on integrated authentication, it fails with access denied on the setinfo command.

I've changed Com to impersonate, and i've made the compter account be trusted for delegation in AD. All my clients are win2k and this is running on iis5. The page is able to identify the person accessing it, for example by doing repsonse.write (request.servervariables("logon_user") it returns my account when i access it, and i'm domain admin.

I just want to be able to not use Basic authentication, anyone have any ideas as to what i am missing?

Thanks

You'll need to set the user accounts to be trusted for delegation as well. I'm also assuming your AD runs in native, not mixed mode.

I've got an article that thoroughly discusses your obstacles, if I can dig up, I'll post.

Jon Hawkins

That article would be great, thanks. I'll try the account delegation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back