Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrated Announcement performance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoy83

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
GB
Hi all,
Does anybody have any ideas that would help with a problem I am currently faced with.
We have situations where high numbers of calls will queue in a particular vector, upwards of 100.

Everything works fine except that the announcement board/s being used busy out due to the high demand on them for playing in queue announcemnts to the queing customers.

We have integrated announcement boards here. I know that I can set the announcment to 'barge', this eliminates the problem as the customers barge into the announcement being played on one port, but they do not get a complete message this way and it is not acceptable.

I have a Conversant IVR available but do not want to use this as it is already running at a healthy capacity and would not be able to cope with the new demand on its channels.

Any ideas on how this problem could be solved or helped? does anybody know if the new style announcemnts in V9+ are any better at handling large simultaneus requests for announcemnts from the same board??

Can you split up the ann. on different boards. Say if q is greater then 50 send them to a new ann. board with the same ann. on it. Might work.....have the agents answer the phone faster or hire more of them :) Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Check if Q is set to yes on the announcement form Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Thanks for your help, just set the Q = Y on the announcments about an hour ago, have had much better success. Have checked using display events and have had no retries since changing the setting.

I would have thought that the boards would still run busy and only start queuing once all 16 ports became busy, but it seems to be working even better and not busying out at all!

You're welcome, glad I could help.:) Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

It is allways very nice when someone helps you ou, that you award them with a
star.gif

....:)

When an Announcement needs to be played back to a caller this is accomplished through the Announcement Circuit Pack. The caller will be connected to a channel of the Announcement Circuit Pack and the right Announcement will be played back.

An TN750 Announcement Circuit Pack has 16 channels,
An TN2501 Announcement Circuit Pack has 31 channels one single Announcement can be played back on all channels at the same time. When all channels are busy the callers that need to be connected to an Announcement will be put in a separate Announcement Queue.

The maximum size for the Announcement Queue on G3si is 200 calls, on the G3r this is 4000 calls.

When a channel comes available the DEFINITY will get call(s) from the Announcement Queue towards this channel and playback the right Announcement.

The maximum number of calls that can be connected on one single channel at the same time and listen to the same Announcement being played back is 50 calls for the G3si, and 1000 for the G3r.

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back