Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrate What's up gold with Cisco Works 2000 (HOW ????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio91

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2003
CL
I'm installing Cisco Works 2000....
I need a NMS that provides cisco with
information so as to monitor the whole
place.

Can i Use "what's up gold" as a NMS ???
How do I integrate both programs.

Thank's.

Well, I´ve worked hard, but unsuccesfully.
I'm exploring new options...

I was asked to integrate CW2000 with something like castlerock (SNMPc or What´s up gold")

-first : What my boss really wants is to have cisco works
2000 managing and monitoring the network (i have
device fault manager installed), the problem is all
the non-cisco devices. So I'll try adding those devices
manually and see, if cw2000 can at least monitor other
equipment via ping or snmp. I might keep my job :).
-second : I'll try out nGenious Real Time MAnager and see
how well it does.

Please fill me with insights, even if it doesn't solve the problem, any tip might be worth exploring.

Thank You All

Kio91 Trainee ;)

CiscoWorks 2000 (CW2k) won't easily integrate with WhatsUp Gold (WUG), even though the cut-down CW2k SNMS package DOES!

I'll be asking Cisco to provide details of how to integrate the two (much the same as OpenView NNM, Tivoli NetView, Spectrum etc. can be) and if I get a decent response I'll pass it on.

DFM is pretty good at making sense on traps, ie sendng one "link flapping" trap to another NMS rather than having 100's of up-down traps, so I'd say use DFM as your view on the Cisco World (possibly with Campus Manager for the map) and use WUG to back this up with ALL kit. Could also get DFM to forward compound traps to WUG (if it handles traps - can't remember)

Therefore, you'll have a WUG screen showing the status of everything (green means good, red means get your coat) and another DFM screen showing what's happening is Cisco-land.

Should work OK and both will allow you to set up e-mail notifications of events, in case you need them.

Try looking on the Cisco web site for the Networking Professionals forum ( as they're a helpful lot!

Best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back