Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrate Project & Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savil

Programmer
Apr 28, 2003
EU
Hi All
I have been asked to do a simple task (in my employers eyes) which is to allow a Project file to connect to a MS Access db and create a record containing the user, Date, Time and changes made to the Project file. I have no problem with the Access side of this task and and very familiar with VBA but I am unsure of the events, objects and properties within Project. If anybody has done a similar task to this or knows the best way to tackle it, I would be very grateful for any knowledge they can pass on.

Thanks

We are currently exporting to Access by using views, then File/SaveAs to make mdb or xls files. Input back into Project is manual entry from printout. We are looking for better ways, but this does work.

Mark
<O>
_|_

Savill:

It might be easier than you think. If working with an MPP file Save As an Access File. Go into access & open the file there. You can create relationships, add tables, etc. You will probably be working with the Table MSP_Tasks. You can then open the file in either access or project. Therefore you can use both Access & Project as a &quot;front-end&quot; and the data file as a back end. There is an extensive help file telling you which flags to turn off & on (it's called PROJDB.HTM)

We've noticed a few things. First, when the file is in MDB format (as opposed to MPP format) things move slower. However the advantage of using the MDB file is that you don't have to worry about synchronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back