Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrate IIS with Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

totmus

MIS
Oct 16, 2002
US
I have stand alone Win2K IIS servers that are not on a domain. I'll be implementing MS Active Directory. I'm looking for recommendations on how to integrate IIS servers to AD. I'm also wondering if it's even a good idea to integrate with AD for security purposes? Any recommendations regarding how to handle IIS would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

When you do this, make the IIS server a member server of you domain. Do not make it a domain controller. IIS does not integrate w/ Active directory, it has its own metabase it uses.

--
Ian Hoskins

Thanks Ian. I was planning on making IIS a member server, not a DC. But my question is: Would I be able to give access to users & groups of the AD domain to my IIS server? Or do I add users manually? I have both intranet & internet IIS servers. I'm trying to find a secure configuration for both. Any recommendations/tips appreciated.

If you make it a domain member you will see all the resources of that domain, so yes you will be able to use those groups and users you have on that domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back