Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTALLING ORACLE 9.2 ON WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmgt

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
HELLO EVERYONE.
I AM TRYING TO INSTALL ORACLE 9.2 ON WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERIENCING THE FOLLOWING PROBLEM:
RUNNING THE SETUP.EXE, NOTHING HAPPENS.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? OR WHAT SHOULD DO?
PLEASE HELP.

if you're on a pentium IV its a known bug with the installer.

copy the CD to a dir and remove the file symncjit.dll and then run setup from the hdd copy

Thank you for your reply.
I have copied my CD to the dir, removed the file symcjit.dll and tried to tun from hdd copy.... but it doesn't help. Same thing... nothing hapens....

HI,
IIRC, the Pentium problem does not affect the 9.2 Installer.

[profile]

I had a simillar problem on my windows/2000 laptop. I made it work by executing setup.exe from command line.

I am experience the same problem. 9.2 WIn 2000 Prof 2 Xeon Processors. Did you find a solution?

My Problem ended up being a simple one. THey pushed an Image to this machine and used the wrong video driver. We installed 6 other COTS with no problem. It was not running full color and Oracle did not like it. CHanged driver and Oracle installed fine.

just in case this info is of use to anyone else ...

downloaded oracle 9i release 2 from oracle website

loading on win xp pro sp1

would not load installer using Disk1\setup.exe so I used Disk1\install\win32\setup.exe after prompt from another tek-tips thread ...

no problems after that and all appears to have loaded ok

forms and reports next ... gulp !

no such thing as problems - only solutions.

hi
you can install oracle 9i from this path
autorun\autoran.exe

I am having the same problem:

IBM Thinkpad T23 (2647FB1)
P3 Mobile 1133Mhz
767 Mb RAM
S3 SuperSavage video, latest drivers

W2K SP4 (5.00.2195)
latest W2K patches

I tried running setup directly, running setup from autorun, running the install/win32 setup, and running setup from cmd. I also tracked down the dll file and renamed it.

The Universal Installer isn't on my machine. Neither is the JVM, outside of the one that comes with IE.

Any ideas?

W2K SP4 (5.00.2195)
latest W2K patches

I have this problem too/
Help!

All I find is the same problem all over the web with the same answers, but it doesn't work for me.

XP Pro SP1
Oracle 9.2.0.1
2GHz Intel P4 Celeron.

I have renamed symcjit.dll.
I ran setup from the .../install/win32 directory. (And from every where else).

The installer starts up fine for the first few screens, then after I select Standard Edition, and click next, it disappears when on about 50%.
Before trying to install the DB, I installed the 9i client CD. Renaming symcjit.dll did the trick for that, but not for the db.

What do I do?

Thanx much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back