Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insufficient system resources 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelB

MIS
Sep 16, 2001
NZ
Hi,

I get the following error message :
"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

when trying to run User Manager (from the server or even a remote workstation or server). This is on a Windows NT 4.0 Server, with SP6a. The server is a member server in a domain.

There is plently of available memory. The server is a file server.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

I have seen this article, however it does not relate in this situation, as the User Manager for Domains works fine from the server in question as well as any workstation, it is just when trying to access the local user manager on the server from either the server or any workstation. This server is a member server.

Yes, it was reboot 12 days ago, when it had the same problem.

On the system drive there is 6.5GB free, and more on the other 2 logical drives.

Os the pagefile bigger than the amount of RAM in the system? [auto] MCSE NT4/W2K

Yep, RAM = 512MB, Pagefile = 868MB

What I have found so far, is that if I stop and start the Norton AntiVirus Server service, the problem goes away (and hopefully wont come back).

Thanks for all your help.

Is the error "not enough system resources to process this command" if so remove tcpip infact remove the whole networking asspect and reinstall then try again I think you will find that this will work..

Njoy ! Njoy!

"Paranoia is reality on a finer scale...."

Thanks MikelB, I had the error that said "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" on a PDC running NT 4.0 server with SP5, when ever I opened User Manager for Domains.

I took your suggestion about Stopping and starting the Norton Anti-virus service and it worked!

I will monitor that server for a week to ensure the solution has worked.

Thanks for the tip bud!
[2thumbsup]

Thank you very much for this info. I have been working on this issue forever even had onsite support to solve this.

Just as a follow up on this;
I had the same issue happening on my servers and the MS KB article made sense, but since all my servers are patched to the hilt, it was useless. The thought of stopping the AV service (I don't use Norton, I use InoculateIT) worked for me as well, so it looks like it's more than one vendors AV service is causing issues.

I am glad I found this, had the same issue, running a BDC/File server and it uses NAV Corp. 7.6, just upgraded from 7.5 and this happens. I stopped the service and disabled it, and sure enough - works like a charm!

Awesome Dude!

My system just started doing this too. It's running NAV 7.6 Corp. Client. I just had to unload NAV services and then restart them. Would have taken a great deal of time to track down without this Post. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back