Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran5

MIS
May 4, 2004
CA
Windows 2000 server, Arcserve 9.01. Using the client agent to backup 5 servers using GFS to a host server with a tape library. All backups have been running successfully, until last week.

On one of the servers I am logging the following errors in one volume of the backup:

AW0004 Failed to open file (filename) RC=1450 Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service

AE0300 Failed to find file (filename)RC=1450 Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service

This volume is approx 90GB with 508,000 files, the backup is successful for approx 83GB 466,000 files but gives those errors on the rest. The files exist and I can open them, the security looks fine.
I can submit a full backup for this server and I am able to get all the files with no errors. It seems that it is only the submitted GFS job that reports the errors. I deleted the job and the media pools and recreated a new GFS job, but still the same errors.

Can anyone give some suggestions on what might be the cause of the errors?

Thanks

Sorry, don't know. All I can say is ck for available resourses and enable debug.

Do you have the latest patches applied? That is always a good first start. You never know if the problem is fixed until you apply it. Are you using BAOF?

Checked CA and there is a patch I can apply, so I'll give that a try. Yes I'm using BAOF.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've checked the CA site and will apply patch 5. Yes, I'm using the BAOF.

Fran5 please help

can you let me know how the PATCH 5 went as i am having the same problem applied PATCH 5 and still got that problem

hope you get back soon

Hi,
Haven't applied the patch yet but I'm not holding my breath that it will work. In the meantime I have submitted a full backup for that server that runs nightly, its backing up all files, no failures.
Your errors and symptoms are exactly the same?
I thought I would purge the database to see if that will make any difference.

Fran5
yes errors are exactly same on 4 servers we have all different builds some NT4 some win2k. we upgraded from BABv7 to BABv9 to see if resolved, run sys monitors on CPU RAM and Virtual memory to check if this is reason no issues indicated no resolution.

SO AWAIT YOUR RESULTS SENDING ERRORS INTO CA GET ANSWER BACK IN 2-3 WEEKS I EXPECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back