Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

instructor led training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdwyer

Instructor
Dec 6, 1999
US
has anyone had experience with instructor led &quot;train-the-trainer&quot; courses? i have been doing technical training for some years (currently on network security products) and was considering taking such a course. i have no idea whether they are worthwhile or which ones may be useful. any info would be helpful.<br>
<br>
thanks in advance

Yes, I've both taught courses and taken them.<br>
In the student role, they are most useful I think, when all of the trainers are involved in the same project *and* have already been exposed to some aspects of the particular course(s). What I mean, is that having the course before you have seen the classrooms or met the students is not quite as helpful.<br>
As an instructor, I found sharing insights on *how* to teach the course to particular constituents was often more important than the actual course work. For example, teaching database design to a group of engineers requires a different approach than to business systems analysts.

&quot;Train the trainer&quot; style courses are definitely worth the time and effort. I have found that even though I consider myself a seasoned trainer, I am always able to pick up something to help me in my next training class.<br>
<br>
I try and get out to one at least once a year, just to make sure I am helping my clients in the best way possible.<br>
<br>
I would also suggest not just taking one specific to your course needs but taking an introductory &quot;train the trainer course&quot; which would deal with the actual teaching side of this type of course.

Kelt,

Where do you find your courses?
I have seen some train-the-trainer sessions that I find interesting but being a one person operation, the cost is usually too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back