Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

instant messaging setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerunkevin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2002
US
HI all,
I am trying to setup Instant Messaging on Exchange 2000 Server. From all the direction I have read on TechNet, books, article, it seems pretty straight forward, but somehow I can't get it to work.

I have install new instant virtual server to host home users FQDN is im.hsmc.com, but when I try to setup another virtual server as router server, it said " there are no free web site that can enable for instant messaging" I thought probably that you don't need another router server for a 60 user environment. In any case, I have added the RVP record to the DNS record.

Therefore, when I had install messenger and try to login. It said, " Instant messaging failed because of problem connecting to services."

This is where I am. If you anyone of you have any clues, I appreciated your help.
Love always,
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist
kevin@hsmc.com

I don't have mine set up correctly yet either; however, Microsoft has a detailed white paper article on this (am on a modem, otherwise I would attach the link) setup. I remember seeing the words if you get an error stating no free web site and what to do. Don't recall exactly. My problem is someone started to set up the IM and then stopped and I am trying to figure out where they stopped. Hope the article will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back