Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Instance Generates but report doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulosinuk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
AU
Hi,

I have a report that when loaded into CE v8.0 will generate the instance but is not visible when attempting to load the instance through the CMC or EPortfolio.

The report uses a SQL ODBC connection which checks out fine. I've run the report on my PC, verifying the database and checking the report options and again it all checks out.

When I load the report through E-portfolio using the 'view last instance' option, the report viewer loads and displays the word 'loading' in the group tree area. I've given the report five minutes to generates and it still won't load. Running this report directly from my PC, the report generates in under 30 seconds.

I've also gone throufgh every group tree branch looking for divide by 0 errors, again nothing.

Please Help

Paulos

Hello,

I am brand new to Crystal Enterprise (just installed it yesterday) but I had a similar problem...

I went to Configure Server, chose the pageserver, and set Maximum Simultaneous Processing Threads to 'unlimited'.

Hope this helps!

I have the same problem .But changing the max Simultaneous Processing threads to Unlimited did not work!

Did it work for you Paulos.

Thank You

You may want to check out the FAQ for this forum (there's only 1 so far). It is about reports that show up fine in CR, but do not display in CE. He goes through several possible solutions.

I've still been getting flaky results... I'm still getting lots of errors.

Also, there are a whole bunch of Hot Fixes supplied by Crystal... you may want to try tracking these down to see if they help. The ones I know about are:
CE80WCS.zip
CE80APS.zip
CE80SERV.zip
CE80COM.zip
CE80SDK.zip

Good luck!

A week later and a couple of things have helped solve this issue sadly I haven't narrowed it down.

1) Restarted the server.

This had the unfortunate effect of disrupting all re-occuring schedules.

2) Re-established all schedules.

3) Installed all Crystal fixes (do this on test machine, then within your live environment)

4) Increased the number of threads

Issue now seems to be solved.

Can we get the above Crystal fixes from their site

Please help me to fix this. Crystal Enterprise used to give different problems with Cache server and Pageserver along with the Hanging of the reports instance page. I could solve those problems , I have changed the number of multiple processing threads to "Unlimited" on the page servers and also the cache server. Now suddenly the server starts giving different problems like It says "Loading.." in the group tree area and give a timeout error after a while.

Can any one please explain how thses maximum multiple threads effect the server.

I could never get this Crystal Enterprise Server stabilised.Please help me fix these problems.

Thank You in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back