Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installshield not installing VFP Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

csr

Programmer
Jul 20, 2000
I am using the limited version of Installshield which comes free with Visual Foxpro 9 to create an installation which consists of a single file containing only a wait statement.
After using the installation CD that I created to install the application and execute it, I get the message .. Cannot Locate Visual Foxpro Library.

Apparently, the VFP library was not included in my installation. I have looked through the Installshield process to see where I might indicate that I want this in there but have been unable to locate it.

Any ideas on this ?

Don

How do I distribute a VFP application? faq184-4421

Just to clarify my previous post ...

In InstallShield 5.0, the page in question is called "Redistributables", and is listed under "Specify Application Data". The C library is "Microsoft C Runtime Library 7.1" (at least, that's the one I use).

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Mike:

I have done what you suggested. Fairly simple, once you know about it. Thanks.

P.S. Any particular reason why I need the Microsoft C++ Libraries or is that a just-in-case suggestion ?

Don

Mike: I just noticed that the Library I selected was the Microsoft C runtime version 7.1

There is no Microsoft C++ runtime version 7.1

Should I have used the Microsoft C++ version 7.0 instead ?

Don

Don,

just noticed that the Library I selected was the Microsoft C runtime version 7.1 ... Should I have used the Microsoft C++ version 7.0 instead ?

No, I think you are correct to use C 7.1 (not C++).

Why do you need C libraries for a VFP app? Don't know.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Ok, then ... I will stay with the Microsoft C version 7.1 runtime library.

Thanks for your help.

Don

The c runtime is the runtime for the vfp runtime, as vfp is a high level language written in C.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back