Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing WINSPM on a Windows 7 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

evelynizo

Instructor
May 16, 2007
US
I went into the Virtual PC XP Mode to try to load WINSPM and it won't load. Help!!

I've loaded using xp mode with no problem. What's the error you are getting?

The error message is c:\Program Files\Avaya Solutions\Win SPM\Data\Table UniqueID.DB could not be opened

Are you using a disk? I didn't load it that way, I used the support website and it worked fine. I started Virtual PC XP mode, then accessed the internet through the XP mode. The bad part of that is that you have to start with R4-5 because that is the only full install on the Avaya site (the others are just upgrades). But, each upgrade only took a few seconds and once I was at 9 it has worked fine since.

I am using an official Avaya CD Release 9. Have used this CD all the time on XP machines with no problems. I don't get it.

Explore the CD and find the install Icon, right click on it and select XP mode, or if listed Viritual XP mode. Then left click to install and it should install from the CD. Even in virtual xp mode windows 7 may try to install in 7 mode unless you override it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back