Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing vpn client on winxp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmedvec

MIS
Jan 23, 2004
US
I am unable to install the Cisco virtual private network (VPN) client on a Windows XP-based computer. The installation just seems to quit in the middle and brings me back to my desktop. Does anyone have an answer for this.

Thanks in advance!

Check Microsoft knowledge base articles.

Q304434 - List of Third-Party VPN Clients That Are Blocked From Being Installed on a Windows XP-Based Computer

Q325072 - Cannot Install CISCO VPN Client on Windows XP

See if one of those helps.

Hello,
Thanks for your response. I read the articles but do not see how to get around this issue. We are running Version 3.5 which I do not see as being blocked. Do you know of any workarounds on this? Again, thanks for your help!

Found the solution to this problem. Even though the ICS at network settings is not selected, the service under computer management is set to automatic and started at system start up. Once, I disabled the service the install went fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back