Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing Visual FoxPro 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobilman

Programmer
Feb 2, 2005
US
Can I install visual foxpro 3.0 on the same computer that has foxpro 2.6. I'm building a project in VP 2.6, but I eventually want to change to visual foxpro. If I install VPR 3.0 while I still have foxpro 2.6 on the computer, will I run into any problems?

It will work fine.
However, if from within file explorer you double-click on any of the fox files, like dbfs, prgs, etc., they will be opened with VFP instead of 2.6.

But - You should avoid installing VFP 3 if you can. You would be much better off installing a newer version, like 8 or 9. Ver. 3 had a lot of problems and is very unstable.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

You didn't say what platform you are using. If you are using a Mac, VFP 3.0 is the last version of FoxPro for that platform. If it is unstable, then you will be better off never moving up to VFP on a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back