Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing/uninstalling programs on WinNT terminal server 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmssi

MIS
Aug 22, 2000
US
I installed an antivirus software on my Windows NT Terminal Server 4. First I went to start and run and did change user /install and then I went to install my antivirus software. Rebooted. Now want to uninstall it. My question is do I have to do the change user /install BEFORE I go to add/remove programs to remove my antivirus software?

No. If you use the Add/Remove programs wizard, it should take care of everything. You only have to do the "change user /install" thing if you are going to run the application's setup program from Explorer, not from the Add/Remove Wizard. The Wizard is smart enough to ask you what sorts of settings you want to use, if needed, and it should do a proper uninstall.

ShackDaddy

If I do use the change user /install and use the add/remove programs does that hurt or uninstall incorrectly in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back