Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Swat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2020

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
I have red hat 8.0 and I want to install the swat web base tool to make samba users. I can't find how to enable it.

Thanks for your help

I didn't see HebbeLille's post No swat.

I did try the rpm -q samba-swat command and it said the package wasn't installed. I don't have the swat file in /etc/xinetd.d/swat. Could I install these files off the red hat discs?

Thanks...
Mark

Hi,

Do you use webmin? Anyway, what I did was to download and install the swat-package from redhat.com, and then swat came available through webmin... I still can't access swat directly.

HebbeLille

SWAT is not installed as part of Red Hat 8.0. Go to rpmfind.net and find a version that is listed as Red Hat 8.0 and install.

see "man rpm" for install instructions.

normally:

# rpm -ivh package.rpm

Could you tell us if you managed to install it? How did you do it? Just so that this can be used as a faq for others....

Here is how I installed it:
1. Put in RedHat 8.0 CD 3.
2. Mount it at [tt]/mnt/cdrom[/tt]
3. [tt]rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/samba-swat-2.2.5-10.i386.rpm[/tt] //Daniel

After you have it installed, you'd have to edit [tt]/etc/xinetd.d/swat[/tt] and change the [tt]disable = yes[/tt] to [tt]disable = no[/tt]. //Daniel

i have installed swat and followed the exact instruction as listed in this forum but it still didn't turn out to be work.

Do you need to configure something in order it to work and as well, i not sure about what is localhost?? =it is come by default or you have to key in some name to it??

Please guys... i need help!!!

No. I didn't try webmin because i'm not sure of it. I need some guidelines on this installation and probably give me some tips on configuration to make all things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back