Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing SSIS on Failover Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

w33mhz

MIS
May 22, 2007
US
I am needing to install the Integration services on my existing 2005 SQL installation. The installation is setup as a Failover Cluster, so I have to machines that need the installation. I did google it, and I did find a post that was copied to a couple different sites about stoping the cluster services on both nodes then installing. Is this correct?

I am not aware of the need to stop the cluster services yourself to install, although during the installation it may bring the cluster down once or twice.

Also, just an FYI (in case you don't know), Integration Services is NOT cluster aware, so when your cluster fails over to the other node, SSIS will cease to run until it is failed back.

-Ovatvvon :-Q

Jay is correct. I did not mean to give the impression that you cannot install on one side of a cluster. You can. :)

-Ovatvvon :-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back