Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing slha driver w/o floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aseidas

MIS
Jan 10, 2002
US
We have a need to install oss646b on about 100 customer's systems, the 646b patch breaks the slha driverso we have to install the slha driver immediatley after the patch before a reboot. There is a SCO ta outlining this but I cannot reference it right now as sco.com seems to be down again. Right now we have the customer downloading a disk image and then doing a dd to copy to a floppy then we have them insert/remove the floppy for us to install slha after loading 646b. This requires most of the customers to have someone onsite after hours which they find inconvenient. It is a minor annoyance but I seem to remember being able to install the slha driver w/o floppy maybe from a media image, it was awhile ago so it could just be my imagination. Again this is a minor inconvenience but if anyone can think of a way to cut the customer out of the process it would be greatly appreciated.

-Aseidas

have you tried dd the image to a directory on the hard drive ie /mnt/slha, then install the driver via the custom and chose media imaga... I have not tried this but I believe it will work..

I was in trouble with slha too...

This solution is a little bit 'brutal' but that works fine.
Find a new SCO fresh installed computer.

Get the original slha package in this computer:
/var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/pack.d/slha
put these files in the same location on your patched server.

Another way is delete the entry for slha in:
/var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Ga/etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice

Hope this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back