Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Server 2003 on a Proliant 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEyeTalon

Technical User
Apr 29, 2006
US
OK, I am having an issue as the guy in thread866-1121952 did. When I start up my server (that was given to me) it says that the array is not configured and then the 2003 Server Installation does not see hard drives. How do I configure the array?

OK, did that, when I boot to the CD, it does not always load and when it does, it does not run any of the configs.

So I tried the compaq system config utility and it asked for the drive array diags disk....so I did that. I get an error on the diag. "Controller has no logical drive configuration. No configuration for Accelerator Board"

Its sees the drives from 00 - 06, but I am not sure if it does not like the CD-R I made the image from or what.

The guy I got the server from was running it fine, he just had no need for it anymore.

Oh, and how do I shut off one of the power supplies in the bios?

OK, figured it out. Turns out my internal hard drives came unplugged from the mother board some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back